The newest addition to our amazing pond department is a large variety of products for large country/farm ponds. From artificially created ponds to natural ponds, with or without liners, we have everything you need to keep them working and looking their best.
Floating Pond Fountains
We now carry heavy-duty floating fountains, made to last many years with minimum repairs. They range from 1/3 hp to 3 hp models with many different nozzle patterns. Quick and simple to install, they add dimension and sound to any pond or waterway. They also provide excellent aeration to improve the water quality in your pond. Pond aeration cleans the water and speeds up the growth of beneficial bacteria, resulting in healthier ponds.
Pond Maintenance & Management Products
We carry a number of products to help you improve water quality, reduce maintenance, and to help keep ponds balanced for fish and plant health naturally. Here are some of the products we carry.
Nualgi is a liquid additive containing 12 essential nutrients to restore balance, improve water quality, and control nuisance algae in your pond. Upon application of Nualgi Ponds, the Nano Silica base carries 12 essential nutrients to Diatom Algae which will start to multiply. Diatom alage will consume Nitrogen and Phosphor (from left over fish food and fish waste) that nuisance algae would regularly consume. Diatoms also release Oxygen & consume Carbon Dioxide, thus increasing oxygen levels. Higher levels help aerobic bacteria break down organic matter. Diatoms also happen to be the favorite food for Zooplankton and as they grow, the Zooplankton population also grows exponentially in the pond. Finally, the Zooplankton gets consumed by fish, thus completing the food chain.
Unlike traditional additives, Nualgi’s nano scale nutrients remain suspended for longer duration, disperse easily across the water column and are therefore “bio-available” to marine organisms.
When you supplement your regular maintenance with Nualgi Ponds, you will be able to:
- WATCH YOUR POND FLOURISH – Nualgi Ponds will significantly improve water quality as well as the health of fish and plants. For many eutrophic ponds, results may be visible by afternoon on the first dose– starting with the bubbling up of oxygen, elimination of odor, and Blue Green Algae crashing and floating to the surface.
- SEE MORE – By reducing the growth of nuisance, Nualgi Ponds improves water clarity and visibility to reveal more of the pond’s environment and its inhabitants.
- FEED LESS – By restoring missing nutrients, Nualgi Ponds brings balance to the natural marine food chain from the bottom up, by promoting the growth of diatoms and zooplankton – free food for your fish and shrimp!
- SHOW IT OFF – Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your pond is healthy, clear, and odor-free. Friends and guests will be impressed, and we won’t tell them how easy it was to restore the natural beauty of your pond!
Pond Perfection Professional Pond Products
Great for large ponds and even natural swimming lakeshores, these professional products will help keep the sludge down in your water. Ponds that have a high nutrient load from dead plants and algae have poor oxygen levels. Your pond has a natural level of good bacteria that helps to clean and improve the health of the water, and by adding this professional bacteria to your pond, you increase the bacteria available to clean the water and speed up the decomposition of sludge. As nutrient levels decrease, oxygen levels increase, further cleaning the water. Here are a few of the products we carry from this professional line.
Orb-3 Professional Beneficial Bacteria
Orb-3 Professional Bacteria contains specialized strains of fast-reproducing microbes and high-volume waste consumers that voraciously feed on excess nutrients. Formulated to stimulate the natural biota with additional species of fast-acting bacteria, Orb-3 Professional Liquid Bacteria attacks nutrients in the water column and sludge bed, feeding on organics, odor-causing volatiles, and waste from duck, geese, and fish that cause the muck to accumulate.
Professional sludge reduction pellets are fortified with specialized Canadian DSL approved bacteria strains that are high-volume waste consumers of muck and organic matter. These pellets have a broad trace mineral base and an organic catalyst to increase productivity of the bacteria in each pellet. The pellet itself is used to take the active ingredients down to the bottom sludge for maximum effect.
- Naturally eliminates odor-causing sludge
- Reduces sludge without heavy equipment
- Reduces build-up and restores water depth
- Improves dugout water quality for family use
- Reduce organic matter from geese and ducks
- Reduces odors and nutrient loads
- Spot-treat beaches or pond edges
- Spot-treat around boat docks and swimming areas
- See results within 1-2 weeks
(TESTS SHOW THAT) Swimming beaches had less muck to wade through, and fewer weeds growing. These pellets were designed for ponds, lakes, and lagoons as a low-maintenance way to reduce sludge buildup.
Here is a ‘Before and After’ shot of a pond treated with these professional pellets.
True Blue Pond Dye
True Blue Pond Dye can be used to deepen the existing blue colour of your pond, or to help change the colour of brown or murky waters. This dye also helps filter out sunlight in the water, therefore helping decrease the growth of algae and other vegetation that is not wanted in your pond. This is an inexpensive way to control the weeds and algae in the deeper parts of the pond. With less plants growing, you are giving the bacteria in the pond a chance to catch up in the removal of phosphates and sludge. The result will be cleaner pond water, because the oxygen level goes up as it is not needed for sludge decomposition.
Here is a large pond that has been treated with True Blue Pond Dye.
Come down to our garden centre to speak with one of our water garden specialists and find out which products would best suit your pond needs and requirements. If you know the size of your pond, you can also email inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org.