POINCETTIA Classic Red – 4″
NOTE: Due to how fragile Poinsettia plants can be, they are not able to be shipped. They are for local pickup, local delivery, or PlantRunz only.
- Its scientific name is Euphorbia pulcheriiuma, and can be known under a host of other names including: Christmas flower, Mexican flame leaf, Flor de Pascua, Painted leaf plant, Etoile de Noel, Fleur Pentacote, Easter Flower, or just as a simple “Euphorbia”
- Loves bright, indirect light. Try to ensure that it will receive at least 6 hours of light a day
- Likes to be at room temperature, and should be kept in moderate temperatures (try to keep between 18°C/64°F and 20°C/70°F). Keep away from in-use fireplaces, heat registers, heaters or drafty doors/windows.
- Using tepid/room-temperature water, water the plant moderately when the top 2″ is dry to the touch, and allow any excess water to drain away (You will likely need to remove the decorative foil temporarily to allow drainage)
- The white sap which flows from any broken, damaged/nibbled parts of poinsettia are toxic to pets, so keep away from any animal companions who might be curious enough to try sampling leaves/flowers.